Governor of Poker goes back to the roots of this very exciting card game. We know you must have heard about Texas hold'em poker by now? Who hasn't?
Governor of Poker is a totally different kind of poker game. You can play against the old western pros. Play either as a male or a female character in this highly interactive and addicting poker game.
Your only Goal: Get a hold of Texas!
In Governor of Poker you battle your way in poker tournaments and win it all. Cash, fame, properties, transport assets and perhaps a title. Earn rewards for exceptional skills and achievements. In governor of poker you can really make it and when you make it make it big! From tournaments to cash games. This game features a simple property management system, a possibility to buy transport upgrades. When you make some name, you might even get news flashes in the local papers of major events. Governor of Poker brings you a trusted save game option, over hundreds of different opponents all with a very sophisticated AI. Opponents really show different play styles and act differently and realistic time and time again. This all packed in a beautiful rendered environment with stunning 3D graphics.It’s pretty obvious what is “Governor of Poker” game about, isn’t it? But what’s not that obvious is the governor part, so let’s start by explaining that. When you start playing this game the following introduction is shown:
“You are now in your hometown San Saba. You want to become the governor of poker, to achieve this goal you have to start by winning every home in San Saba! Take them down city by city, town by town. When you have all of Texas, you have to face your final opponent.”
So you start by buying houses in Texas with the money you initially have. Every house you buy will give you a weekly income. Besides, you have to play poker to win extra money and keep buying houses toward your final goal.
When you are ready to play poker you can sing in to a poker tournament. The first level lets you play in the Bob’s saloon tournament. In this tournament will be playing 8 players. If you win the tournament you’ll be winning 503 dollars which you can use latter to buy new houses.
If you are interesting only in playing poker and don’t want to play the story game, you can use the “Quick Poker” game mode. Here you will be playing poker in no time and with no background story going on. In the story mode as in the quick poker mode you can select a difficulty level from the following three options: Easy, if you are a beginner; Medium, if you know how to play poker; Hard, if you are a Poker master.
While you’re playing you can access to a top drop-down bar with the following options:
- Leave table: to abandon the current game.
- Adjust speed: to speed up or slow down the game.
- Overview: to see how the tournament is going.
- Instructions: to access to the instructions for the game.
- Options: to choose a language and configure some other game options.
- Quit: to close the application.
When you enter the game, you’ll be asked to choose a player name and your genre. Then, you’ll reach the Main Menu, with the following options:
- Other Player: you can create several profiles to share your game with family and friends.
- Play: click here to start playing the story mode.
- Quick Poker: click here to start playing poker right away.
- Options: click here to change the game volume, music volume, choose the game language, and make the game take up the full screen or be a small window.
- Quit: click here to leave Governor of Poker.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About system requirements, here’s a list for you to check out:
- Windows Vista; Windows XP
- 16 MB 3D video card
- DirectX 10.0
- 512MB RAM
- Many languages available to play the game
- Two modes for playing the game
- Full on-game assistance
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported